While students were away for the summer, the Library was very busy adding new digital resources - 3 new eResources, 42 new eBooks, and 55 unlimited-user Hermeneia and Semeia ebooks!
- New Pauly Online is the English edition of the authoritative Der Neue Pauly, published by Verlag J.B. Metzler since 1996. The encyclopedic coverage and high academic standard of the work, the interdisciplinary and contemporary approach and clear and accessible presentation have made the New Pauly the unrivaled modern reference work for the ancient world. Brill´s New Pauly presents the current state of traditional and new areas of research and brings together specialist knowledge from leading scholars from all over the world.
- Oxford English Dictionary Online is widely regarded as the accepted authority on the English language. It is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of 600,000 words— past and present—from across the English-speaking world.
- Loeb Classical Library is an interconnected, fully searchable, perpetually growing, virtual library of all that is important in Greek and Latin literature. Epic and lyric poetry; tragedy and comedy; history, travel, philosophy, and oratory; the great medical writers and mathematicians; those Church Fathers who made particular use of pagan culture — in short, our entire Greek and Latin Classical heritage is represented here with up-to-date texts and accurate English translations. More than 520 volumes of Latin, Greek, and English texts are available in a modern and elegant interface, allowing readers to browse, search, bookmark, annotate, and share content with ease.
Here are a few of our new eBooks:
- Consider the Women: A Provocative Guide to Three Matriarchs of the Bible
- Becoming a Just Church: Cultivating Communities of God's Shalom
- Surrendering My Ordination: Standing Up for Gay and Lesbian Inclusivity in the United Methodist Church
- Beyond the Offering Plate: A Holistic Approach to Stewardship
Here are a few of our new Fortress Press Hermeneia and SBL Semeia Series ebooks: