Seminary Announcements

Welcome back for the Spring Semester!

Welcome back for the Spring Semester!

by Prof. Susanna Southard (she/her) -
Number of replies: 0

Greetings PTS Friends!

We're about to launch into our 2nd full semester with Moodle.  Students and faculty are becoming more and more adept at using it well.  Don't forget to use the Moodle Admin link at the top of the page if you need assistance or have any questions.

Here's a helpful reminder: you can change your personal settings to determine how and when you receive emails from Moodle.  If you are receiving an email every time someone posts to a forum and would rather just get one Moodle message a day, then go to 'my profile settings' > 'edit profile' and look for the box labeled 'email digest'.  Choose either the complete email digest or the subject email digest, depending on how much information you would like the daily digest to contain.

I have reset the timing for the daily digest so that it will appear first thing in the morning rather than late afternoon this semester.

Another step you can take to personalize your Moodle notifications is to go to 'my profile settings' > 'messaging'.  That will give you a long list of all the things Moodle is capable of notifying you about; you get to choose whether you want an email, an alert (upper right corner of Moodle page), or a pop-up (on screen).  And you can make different choices according to whether or not you already happen to be logged into Moodle at the time.

I'll post more helpful hints later, along with some updated videos on how to use Moodle.

In the meantime, I wish you all the very best at the beginning of this new semester.

Susanna